I'm one of the very first mushrooms introduced to the Western world by the Mazatec (sound familiar?), a tribe indigenous to Oaxaca, Mexico. Overall, I'm good for beginners coming into contact with psychedelics, especially those seeking spiritual experiences. With a long history of shamanistic use, I offer visual experiences that allowed ancient cultures to speak to the gods.
How to use
- Raw: Eat them raw out of the bag. This way, you get all the tastes associated with mushrooms. At higher doses there can be some nausea involved.
- Brew a tea: Put your desired dose in 1-1.5 cups of water and boil for 10 minutes. If you wish, you can add other delicious herbs to make it more palatable such as putting the mushrooms in a chai tea blend. Comes on faster than eating raw mushrooms and reportedly less nausea.
- Lemon tek: Grind your desired dose into a powder and put in a small cup or bowl. Add the juice of 1-2 lemons until the mushrooms are covered in lemon juice. Let them sit for 15-20 minutes. Consume in its entirety. Comes on fastest, strongest, and reportedly significantly less nausea.
Doses best used for:
- 0-0.25g: A microdose; very subtle psychedelic effects; may experience mood enhancement, reduced anxiety, improved mental alertness and improve energy levels.
- 0.25-0.5g: A step up; more pronounced psychedelic effects; may experience altered coordination and motor control, altered vision and mood, increased energy, the giggles, revelatory thoughts, ideas, and pattern recognition.
- 0.5-1g: A psychoactive experience; pronounced and obvious psychedelic effects; may experience altered vision, emotions, and mood, could be a significant alteration of motor control, impaired coordination, super-human-music-making abilities, absurd humour, and a desire to engage oneself in artistic endeavours.
- 1g+: Everything above 1g is a bonafide psychedelic experience. 7g is Terrence Mckenna’s heroic dose. From here on in, anything is possible.
- Go here for the ultimate guide on magic mushroom dosing. Go here for more information on microdosing. Go here for more information on macrodosing.
Note: Doses and effects vary from person to person. If you have never used mushrooms before, it’s best to start on the smallest dose possible for the desired effect and slowly increase from there.
- Species: Psilocybe cubensis
- Strain: Mazatapec
- Psilocybin: ~0.63%
- Psilocin: ~0.6%